2020 CLASS Community Heroes Awards Dinner Postponed
The 2020 Community Heroes Awards Dinner has been postponed until October of 2021. With the ongoing COVID-19 threat and the uncertainty this creates, we believe postponing the event is the best decision in order to maintain everyone's health and safety.
Please plan to join us in 2021 for the 28th Annual Community Heroes Awards Dinner.
A Recap of the 2019 Community Heroes Awards Dinner
Community Living And Support Services (CLASS) held its 27th Annual Community Heroes Awards Dinner on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at Rivers Casino. This event helps support the mission of CLASS and provides much-deserved recognition of people we serve, community leaders, staff, and donors.
It was a truly memorable evening as CLASS recognized four individuals and organizations who have made significant contributions to the Pittsburgh area. Because of all of our supporters, CLASS is able to celebrate 68 years of service to the community. CLASS supports people of all abilities as they explore options, participate in their communities, and strive toward equality. We are "Working Toward a Community where Each Belongs.”
The honorees for the 2019 Community Heroes Awards were:
- Edgar Snyder & Associates - Law firm helping injured people as well as the victims of workplace discrimination and harassment
- Gisele Fetterman - Founder of The Free Store, Co-Founder of 412 Food Rescue and For Good PGH
- Dr. Rock Heyman - Associate Professor of Neurology, Chief, Division of Neuroimmunology/Multiple Sclerosis, Director of the Multiple Sclerosis Care Center UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital
- Steelwheelers - Nonprofit organization providing competitive sport opportunities for athletes with physical challenges
Major donors of the 2019 Community Heroes Awards Dinner included:
- UPMC Health Plan with Community Care Behavioral Health - Community Champion Sponsors
- Enscoe Long Insurance Group, LLC - Community Sponsor
- FISA Foundation - Community Sponsor
- Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group - Community Sponsor
- synergIT - Community Sponsor
- UPMC Disabilities Resource Center - Community Sponsor
- Wagner Agency, Inc. - Community Sponsor
- Harry S. Cohen & Associates - Best Friend Sponsor
- Encova Insurance - Good Neighbor Sponsor
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield with Allegheny Health Network - Good Neighbor Sponsor
- PNC Bank - Good Neighbor Sponsor
For information about the Awards Dinner or any of our special events, contact Shannon McCarty, at 412.683.7100 x2158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.