2021 CLASS Community Heroes Awards Dinner
The 2021 Community Heroes Awards Dinner took place on Wednesday, October 27, 2021 at Rivers Casino. Thank you to all of the organizaions and individuals who supported us by donating or attending. It was a truly memorable evening as CLASS recognized three organizations and five of its own frontline workers who have made significant contributions to the Pittsburgh area.
All of the awardees who were recognized at the Community Living And Support Services (CLASS) 28th Annual Community Heroes Awards Dinner are advocates for inclusive, diverse communities, as demonstrated by their unwavering dedication to all members of the Pittsburgh community. This year’s event recognized community heroes who have committed to strengthening the community as champions of their causes. They have worked to ensure that all people, regardless of race, gender, ability, or affiliation - can participate in their communities- before, during, and after the pandemic. It is not just their work or their organizations that we celebrated; it is the inclusive communities they supported during one of our generation’s most challenging times.
This year’s honorees were:
- 412 Food Rescue
- APALA (Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance) Pittsburgh
- Casa San José
- CLASS Frontline Heroes
Supporters of the Community Heroes Awards Dinner allowed CLASS to honor these individuals and continue to support over 600 adults of all abilities and older adults throughout southwestern Pennsylvania. CLASS believes that all people, regardless of ability, have an active role to play in their communities.This event helps support the mission of CLASS and provides much-deserved recognition of people we serve, community leaders, staff, and donors.
Major donors to the 2021 CLASS Community Heroes Awards Dinner include:
- UPMC Health Plan - Community Champion Sponsor
- UPMC Community Care - Community Champion Sponsor
- Behavioral Health - Community Champion Sponsor
- Eckenrode Real Estate - Community Sponsor
- Enscoe Long Insurance Group, LLC. - Community Sponsor
- Harry S. Cohen & Associates - Community Sponsor
- synergIT - Community Sponsor
- Wagner Agency, Inc. - Community Sponsor
- The Wilson Group - Community Sponsor
- Encova Insurance - Good Neighbor Sponsor
- FISA Foundation - Good Neighbor Sponsor
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield and Allegheny Health Network -
Good Neighbor Sponsor
- PNC Bank - Good Neighbor Sponsor
- XtrasGlobex, Inc. - Good Neighbor Sponsor
For information about the Awards Dinner or any of our special events, contact Shannon McCarty, at 412.683.7100 x2158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.