Community Heroes Awards Dinner
Community Living And Support Services (CLASS) will hold the 26th Annual Community Heroes Awards Dinner on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at the Circuit Center and Ballroom (IBEW) in the South Side.
Founded in 1951 as a small clinic for families, CLASS has grown to be a major human services provider in Western Pennsylvania and a strong national advocate for disability rights. Today, the agency serves more than 1,500 individuals, supporting their independence and community involvement.
The 2018 event will recognize community heroes who have made a commitment to the Pittsburgh and disability community through advocacy, outreach, and education. It’s not just their work, or that of their organizations, that we celebrate; it’s the relationships they have built and the people they have inspired to take on the hard but fulfilling work of making Pittsburgh a more inclusive community, ensuring that we benefit from the talents of all our citizens.
Derrick Wilson will serve as the Honorary Chairperson and The Wilson Group, LLC. will serve as the Honorary Sponsor
2018 Community Heroes are:
- Change Agency – A Pittsburgh-based social enterprise with a mission to advance civic initiatives that support community change efforts
- Dr. Ann Stuart - Clinical Assistant Professor, Duquesne University Rangos School of Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy
- William E. Strickland, Jr. - President and Chief Executive Officer, Manchester Bidwell Corporation
- Dr. James S. Withers - Founder & Medical Director, Pittsburgh Mercy’s Operation Safety Net®
Schedule of Events:
- Reception - 5:30 p.m. (cash bar)
- Silent Auction - 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Dinner - 7:00 p.m.
- Awards - 7:45 p.m.
- Conclusion - 9:00 p.m.
This event helps support the mission of CLASS and provides much-deserved recognition of people we serve, community leaders, staff, and donors.
To support CLASS's community heroes:
- Attend the dinner or purchase table.
- Advertise in the program book.
- Donate an item to the Silent Auction.
Major donors of the 2017 Community Heroes Awards Dinner included:
- Gateway Health - Honorary Chairperson
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - Program Book Sponsor
- Allegheny Health Network - Program Book Sponsor
- Enscoe Long Insurance Group, LLC - Community Sponsor
- FISA Foundation - Community Sponsor
- Harry S. Cohen & Associates - Community Sponsor
- synergIT - Community Sponsor
- The Wilson Group - Community Sponsor
- Wagner Agency, Inc. - Community Sponsor
- UPMC - Community Sponsor
- PNC Bank - Good Neighbor Sponsor
For information about the Awards Dinner or any of our special events, contact Shannon McCarty, at 412.683.7100 x2158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.