Community Heroes Awards Dinner
Community Living And Support Services (CLASS) will hold the 25th Annual Community Heroes Awards Dinner on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at the Circuit Center and Ballroom (IBEW) in the South Side.
Founded in 1951 as a small clinic for families, CLASS has grown to be a major human services provider in Western Pennsylvania and a strong national advocate for disability rights. Today, the agency serves more than 1,500 individuals, supporting their independence and community involvement.
The 2017 event will recognize community heroes who have made a commitment to the Pittsburgh and disability community through advocacy, outreach, and education. It’s not just their work, or that of their organizations, that we celebrate; it’s the relationships they have built and the people they have inspired to take on the hard but fulfilling work of making Pittsburgh a more inclusive community, ensuring that we benefit from the talents of all our citizens.
2017 Community Heroes are:
- Carolyn Hare – Arts for Autism Foundation of Pittsburgh
- Classy Cab - Star Transportation Group
- Frederick Massey, Jr. - Chief Executive Officer, Familylinks, Inc.
- Molly Rush - Advocate, Co-founder of the Thomas Merton Center
This event helps support the mission of CLASS and provides much-deserved recognition of people we serve, community leaders, staff, and donors.
To support CLASS's community heroes:
- Sponsor the event.
- Attend the dinner or purchase table.
- Advertise in the program book.
- Donate an item to the Silent Auction.
Major donors of the 2016 Community Heroes Awards Dinner included:
- Wagner Agency, Inc. - Honorary Chairperson
- Gateway Health Plan - Program Book Sponsor
- Enscoe Long Insurance Group, LLC - Community Sponsor
- FISA Foundation - Community Sponsor
- Harry S. Cohen & Associates - Community Sponsor
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - Community Sponsor
- synergIT - Community Sponsor
- The Wilson Group - Community Sponsor
- UPMC Community Provider Services - Community Sponsor
- PNC Bank - Good Neighbor Sponsor
For information about the Awards Dinner or any of our special events, contact Shannon McCarty, at 412.683.7100 x2158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.