Community Heroes Awards Dinner
Community Living And Support Services (CLASS) will hold its 27th Annual Community Heroes Awards Dinner on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at Rivers Casino.
Founded in 1951 as a small clinic for families, CLASS has grown to be a major human services provider in Western Pennsylvania and a strong national advocate for disability rights. Today, the agency serves more than 1,500 individuals, supporting their independence and community involvement.
The 2019 event will recognize community heroes who have made a commitment to the Pittsburgh and disability community through advocacy, outreach, and education. It’s not just their work, or that of their organizations, that we celebrate; it’s the relationships they have built and the people they have inspired to take on the hard but fulfilling work of making Pittsburgh a more inclusive community, ensuring that we benefit from the talents of all our citizens.
Schedule of Events:
- Reception - 5:30 p.m. (cash bar)
- Silent Auction - 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Dinner - 7:00 p.m.
- Awards - 7:45 p.m.
- Conclusion - 9:00 p.m.
This event helps support the mission of CLASS and provides much-deserved recognition of people we serve, community leaders, staff, and donors.
Major donors of the 2018 Community Heroes Awards Dinner included:
- The Wilson Group - Honorary Chair
- UPMC/UPMC Health Plan - Program Book Sponsor
- Enscoe Long Insurance Group, LLC - Community Sponsor
- FISA Foundation - Community Sponsor
- Harry S. Cohen & Associates - Community Sponsor
- synergIT - Community Sponsor
- Wagner Agency, Inc. - Community Sponsor
- Jewish Healthcare Foundation - Best Friend Sponsor
- UPMC Disabilities Resource Center - Best Friend Sponsor
- Brickstreet Insurance - Good Neighbor Sponsor
- PNC Bank - Good Neighbor Sponsor
For information about the Awards Dinner or any of our special events, contact Shannon McCarty, at 412.683.7100 x2158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.