Community Heroes Awards Dinner
Community Living And Support Services (CLASS) held its 24th Annual Community Heroes Awards Dinner on Wednesday, October 19, 2016, at Circuit Centre.
Founded in 1951 as a small clinic for families, CLASS has grown to be a major human services provider in Western Pennsylvania and a strong national advocate for disability rights. Today, the agency serves more than 2,000 individuals, supporting their independence and community involvement.
The 2016 event recognized community heroes who have made a commitment to the Pittsburgh and disability community through advocacy, outreach, and education. It’s not just their work, or that of their organizations, that we celebrated; it’s the relationships they have built, the people they have inspired to take on the hard but fulfilling work of making Pittsburgh a more inclusive community, ensuring that we benefit from the talents of all our citizens.
2016 Community Heroes are:
- Chaz Kellem – Senior Director, Advocacy for Race & Gender Equity, YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh
- Melanie Harrington - President and CEO, Vibrant Pittsburgh
- Alby Oxenreiter - Sports Director and Sports Anchor, WPXI
- Mattress Factory - Contemporary art museum and experimental lab featuring site-specific installations created by artists in residence from around the world
This event helps support the mission of CLASS and provides much-deserved recognition of people we serve, community leaders, staff, and donors.
Thanks to all of the awardees, attendees, sponsors, and all organizations and individuals who donated items to the silent auction to help make the evening a success!
Major donors included:
- Wagner Agency, Inc. - Honorary Chairperson
- Gateway Health Plan - Program Book Sponsor
- Enscoe Long Insurance Group, LLC - Community Sponsor
- FISA Foundation - Community Sponsor
- Harry S. Cohen & Associates - Community Sponsor
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - Community Sponsor
- synergIT - Community Sponsor
- The Wilson Group - Community Sponsor
- UPMC Community Provider Services - Community Sponsor
- PNC Bank - Good Neighbor Sponsor
For information about the Awards Dinner or any of our special events, contact Shannon McCarty, at 412.683.7100 x2158 or email@example.com.