Community Heroes Awards Dinner
Community Living And Support Services (CLASS) held its 26th Annual Community Heroes Awards Dinner on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at the Circuit Center and Ballroom (IBEW) on the South Side. CLASS would like to thank all of the sponsors, awardees, volunteers, and the people who supported the event by attending or donating items to the silent auction. It was a wonderful evening of celebrating people and agencies that are true community heroes.
Founded in 1951 as a small clinic for families, CLASS has grown to be a major human services provider in Western Pennsylvania and a strong national advocate for disability rights. Today, the agency serves more than 1,500 individuals, supporting their independence and community involvement.
The 2018 event recognized community heroes who have made a commitment to the Pittsburgh and disability community through advocacy, outreach, and education. It’s not just their work, or that of their organizations, that we celebrate; it’s the relationships they have built and the people they have inspired to take on the hard but fulfilling work of making Pittsburgh a more inclusive community, ensuring that we benefit from the talents of all our citizens.
Derrick Wilson was the Honorary Chairperson and The Wilson Group, LLC. served as the Honorary Sponsor
2018 Community Heroes are:
- Change Agency - A Pittsburgh-based social enterprise advancing civic initiatives that support immigrant integration, build age-friendly communities, and promote inclusion and equity.
- Dr. Ann Stuart, OTD - Clinical Assistant Professor, Duquesne University Rangos School of Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy
- William E. Strickland, Jr. - Executive Chairman, Manchester Bidwell Corporation
- Dr. Jim Withers - Founder & Medical Director, Pittsburgh Mercy’s Operation Safety Net®
Schedule of Events:
- Reception - 5:30 p.m. (cash bar)
- Silent Auction - 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Dinner - 7:00 p.m.
- Awards - 7:45 p.m.
- Conclusion - 9:00 p.m.
This event helps support the mission of CLASS and provides much-deserved recognition of people we serve, community leaders, staff, and donors.
Major donors of the 2018 Community Heroes Awards Dinner included:
- The Wilson Group - Honorary Chair
- UPMC/UPMC Health Plan - Program Book Sponsor
- Enscoe Long Insurance Group, LLC - Community Sponsor
- FISA Foundation - Community Sponsor
- Harry S. Cohen & Associates - Community Sponsor
- synergIT - Community Sponsor
- Wagner Agency, Inc. - Community Sponsor
- Jewish Healthcare Foundation - Best Friend Sponsor
- UPMC Disabilities Resource Center - Best Friend Sponsor
- Brickstreet Insurance - Good Neighbor Sponsor
- PNC Bank - Good Neighbor Sponsor
For information about the Awards Dinner or any of our special events, contact Shannon McCarty, at 412.683.7100 x2158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.