CLASS is now hiring great people like you who are dedicated to serving others to build stronger communities.
Our job opportunities include full-time and part-time positions. We offer excellent benefits including healthcare and retirement packages. For more information about opportunities with CLASS, please call 412.683.7100 or toll-free at 1.888.954.2424 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Care Staff in the Residential and Attendant Care Programs must meet the following minimum standards:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Possess basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Possess a valid Social Security Number
- Possess a valid state-issued ID or Driver’s License
- Possess six (6) months of Professional Experience providing personal care
- Act 33/ 34 Clearances (due to the independent nature of this position, requirements for clear background are more strict than the prohibited offenses referenced in Act 169 of 1996.)
- Ability to provide own reliable transportation
- Ability to communicate well and accept direction
- Ability to perform health maintenance activities specified in the consumer’s service plan
- Complete CLASS training program and pass competency test
- Possess current physical and two step TB test
- Ability to lift greater than 50 pounds
- Ability to transfer individuals with physical disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
An open and equitable personnel system will be established and maintained. Personnel policies, procedures and practices will be designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, or sex.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Any employee, who believes they have been discriminated against, may file a complaint of discrimination with any of the following:
Community Living and Support Services
1400 South Braddock Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Department of Public Welfare
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
PA Human Relations Commission
Department of Public Welfare Bureau of Equal Opportunity