Community Living And Support Services (CLASS) Supported Employment Services offers opportunities to develop job skills and gain competitive integrated employment for people with disabilities.
CLASS strives to ensure that individuals with disabilities have the confidence and skills they need to pursue employment opportunities. Through Employment Services, CLASS provides one-on-one support to individuals with disabilities throughout different phases of career readiness.
Employment Specialists guide individuals in their pursuit of finding, obtaining, and keeping competitive, integrated employment. Once an individual is comfortable in their role and natural supports or accommodations have been established, Employment Specialists can begin to fade out. Should the need arise, intermittent supports can be provided.
- Community-based work assessment
- Resume building
- Interview preparation ajnd support
- Assistance navigating the application process
Skills Training and Job Coaching:
- Training on-the-job and outside of work
- Specific job duties
- Essential skills including planning, time management, communication, self advocacy, stress management
- Developing natural supports
- Establishing reasonable accommodations
- Collaborative planning to fade out supports